Only you know the life you want to lead. We all value different things and what we value changes throughout our lives. Therefore, your investment choices will be as individual as you are.
At Cotswold Independent Financial Services, we know that we can only provide sound investment advice if we have taken the time to really understand your financial situation, where you are in your life and how you feel about risk. This is why we provide tailor made investment planning which is perfectly suited to creating the financial future you deserve. We have created a guide on our approach to investments which you can download here.
Traditional financial advice tells us to save for the future. But with interest rates notoriously low, savings are simply no longer an effective means of securing your financial future. Wisely investing some capital in the stock market is a much better option, which can provide positive returns if you know how to manage your investments effectively.
The main reason for investing is to grow your existing wealth. Once you have invested, you will be able to receive a lump sum pay out within a number of years, depending on your plan and portfolio.
Investments can also help you add to your income, depending on the amount of capital you have available, the amount of risk with which you are comfortable and the amount of profit you would like to make. If you have recently inherited a cash lump sum, investing can be the best way to make the most out of the money that was left to you by your loved one.
Although most people recognise that investing is a good financial choice, deciding what to do next can be daunting. Even the most financially astute individuals need professional guidance with their investment portfolio. There are simply so many investment options out there and the fast paced and complex nature of the stock market leaves many people, even financial professionals, feeling confused and intimidated.
"I have spoken to a few people I know about you, and told them just how good I found your service"
• Minimise risk and maximise return
• Take advantage of tax-efficient savings and investments such as ISAs
• Select a diverse range of products which meet your risk comfort zone
• Choose products which respect your ethical and environmental beliefs
• Consistently review reports and investment options
• Provide continuous support on your investment journey
At Cotswold Independent Financial Services, our financial advisers will work with you in creating a long term investment strategy that will work for you. We will take the time to understand and help you to clarify your income and capital needs as well as establish if there are any shortfalls in your income requirements. If so, we will help you explore your options and agree a strategy for bridging any shortfall tax efficiently.
Where appropriate we can show you how to restructure your remuneration package to minimise tax, improve your cash flow and achieve your financial planning needs cost effectively. We can work with your accountant to provide this service.
When it comes to investments we consider a wide range of factors before making recommendations. These include your attitude to risk and capacity for loss and how much access you need to the money invested.
In addition, where appropriate Cotswold work with Discretionary Fund Managers, who provide a proactive service in managing investments. In this circumstance we assist in selecting specialist asset managers as appropriate in order to achieve certain defined goals.
At Cotswold Independent Financial Services we believe:
• that we should work with each client to develop clear portfolio objectives and design an appropriate asset allocation and investment plan to meet those objectives.
• that our policy should be, wherever necessary, to educate our clients. We consider that in educating them we are providing a greater level of understanding which, in turn, removes fear and the possibility of detrimental decisions being made through uncertainty.
• in keeping equity investments straightforward and understandable. Assets are invested in a range of stocks both in the UK and globally, investing for long term appreciation.
• that it will always be of paramount importance that our investment recommendations are fully understandable.