Equity Release Considerations
Equity release allows you to release tax-free money from your property. This can be especially helpful if you need to free up some money but don’t want to downsize or move house.
Additionally, you can choose to receive your money as a lump sum payment or in smaller regular instalments. To be eligible you must be 55 years or over and your house must be worth at least £70,000.
However, equity release can often appear complicated and confusing and can also have a significant effect on the value of your estate. It is therefore important to consider all options and choose the right plan to meet your individual needs and circumstances.
At Cotswold Independent Financial Services our expert financial advisers will help you to fully understand your available options and to find the right equity release product to suit you.
There are a number of things which you will need to carefully consider before releasing equity from your home, including that:
- there could be other alternatives more suitable for you
- future property prices could fall as well as rise
- it might affect your tax position
- it will reduce the value of your estate, which will affect the amount of inheritance you leave for your loved ones
- your home may be repossessed if you don’t keep up repayments on your mortgage
Our advisers will talk you through all the implications and how they will affect you, helping you to make well informed decisions.