There is no specification for you to have a mortgage adviser in order for you to be accepted onto a mortgage. However, for many, a mortgage is one of the most expensive purchases they will make in their lifetime. That’s why it’s important to get advice from an experienced adviser in the industry who can recommend the best market mortgage deals.

Inheritance tax is a tax paid upon one’s death. The nil-rate band is known as the inheritance tax threshold and comprises of the amount of an estate which you do not have to pay inheritance tax on. In 2010, this amount was increased to £325,000. Guidelines can be found here

The amount of inheritance tax you pay is generally dependent upon the estate of which the inheritance tax pertains to. As a rule, you can expect to pay 40% on anything over the threshold of £325,000

Business property relief reduces the value of a business or it’s assets when calculating the cost of inheritance tax to be paid on the estate. Investments that qualify for business property relief can be passed on free from inheritance tax in the event of an investor’s death.

You can get business relief of either 50% or 100% of an estate’s business assets which can be passed on whilst the business owner is still alive or as part of the will. Assets included within BPR include shares in companies that are not listed on the stock exchange, shares in companies that are listed on the alternative investment market, and an interest in a business such as a partnership. 

The value of tax reliefs will depend on an investor’s personal circumstances. It cannot be guaranteed that companies now qualifying will do so in the future.

The auto-enrolment contribution for all employers in the UK is a minimum of 3%. Employees are expected to pay 5% to make a combined total of 8%. These rates are usually higher for defined benefit pension schemes, or private schemes. However this is based on official government guidelines

An independent financial adviser will advise you through the process of making key financial decisions in your life.

Every employer must set up an auto-enrolment scheme for their employees as is written in the law. You can do this by entering each employee into a workplace pension and make contributions for them as their employer. There are many government-approved schemes.

Personal finance advice costs can vary depending on your individual requirements. The best thing to do is to get in touch with us directly for a free quote/discussion.

Retirement planning concerns planning for your personal circumstances later on in life, and can refer to having financial plans in place so that you can retire at an earlier age than originally planned.

Our retirement planning, including income, is fully inclusive to ensure that you know exactly what you have coming in when you reach retirement age. This includes helping to find the best place for your finances.

Powers of Attorney are usually designed to help when you no longer have the capacity to make your own decisions. Having this in place before you lose the capacity to make your own decisions regarding health, wealth and welfare is essential to your family being able to gain access to your money when you are required to pay for care without having to go through the courts which can be long and costly.

There are two types of Power of Attorney. An ordinary power of attorney which covers your financial affairs whilst you still have mental capacity. Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) which covers decisions about health and welfare, and financial matters, or both which comes into effect if you lose your mental capacity or do not wish to make decisions for yourself. This would be set up in advance to ensure you’re covered in the future.

Probate files are public court records that anyone can read, therefore, if a Will has been filed for Probate, you’ll be able to gain a copy of it.